Andrew sent us a great Christmas gift - photos! While he waited for them to upload, he wrote a Christmas message for us:
December 19, 2011 - Christmas Message
I really hope this doesn´t take forever to load...these computers
kind of stink. Just some clarification. In the picture of a baptism
with the guy with a shaved head, he´s a member and that´s his son. The
woman and her kid are Cristina y Federico Rudín. I included some random
pics of my districts, the funny thing is that one sister in each of the
two fotos of my districts here weren´t actually in my district! We had a
sister go home in each transfer (one was a mini misionera, o sea, like a
short term service deal, the other went home in her first transfer...)
so two are replacements. I also have a pic of my MTC district at the
Mission conference. I´m just including mostly baptisms and the
districts. I have some other ones but they're not important. I´m
just rambling as I wait for this to finish loading the files
ladadadadada! Maybe I´ll just write a little Christmas message that you
can include in the blog or something!
So Christmas as a missionary is way different. I´m in the business of saving souls, and the birth of Christ is the start of making what I´m doing possible at all! Without the Atonement, we´d all be doomed forever, but he was born, and he suffered and died so that this work is possible. And it really is something really good! It really helps one focus and helps me to not get homesick at all. Like, I just don´t have any time to think about anything else. So anyways, back to Christmas. One thing that I noticed by singing that arrangement of "We Three Kings" in high school is the significance of the myrrh. These three special men realized who the Savior was as a young child; and they brought Him gifts in order to honor Him. The thing is, myrrh is used for preparing bodies for burial. Even as a young child, even the story of His birth and early life, we are reminded of that Sacrifice. For that purpose Christ came to the world; He came to give us the chance to save ourselves. Only we can make the decissiones necessary to take advantage of the best Christmas gift we´ve ever received. I´m here to give people the chance to accept or reject that message; that anyone can be saved by the Atoning Blood of Christ! His hand is outstretched to be taken and we just have to take it. No one who fails to be saved can blame anyone else but themselves. Everyone has the chance! We should best remember Christ by giving Him the greatest gift we can; our heart. By giving Him our heart, we will do everything that he asks of us. We will receive forgiveness for our sins, and we will receive the Kingdom of God! I know this is true, and that if we remember this during Christmas and forever, we will be greatly blessed!
Merry Christmas!
Élder Andrew McClellan

No comments:
Post a Comment